* That laughing at midnight, sweet compliments in passing, and honesty are some of the most cherish-able things.
* That loving Ben means saying 'yes' more often than saying 'no' and putting his priorities and needs ahead of mine.
* That this blog is a great way to show all the happy, great moments and its a place to cherish and feel good, but that we have heartache, we have tears, we have fights, and we have moments of anguish. And that's okay.
* to celebrate the fact that we have more blessings than heartaches, or at least we're getting better at counting our blessings, and seeing heartaches as blessings.
* the best way to be a great wife is to seek Christ for ways to bless Ben. No one knows Ben like his maker.
* That in marriage I will laugh harder than I ever have, feel more full than I ever dreamt and be happier than I ever dreamed. Its the best adventure I've ever been on.
* In marriage I will also feel more devastated then I've ever felt, get more angry than I thought I could, and find out how selfish I really am.
* That being married to me isn't necessarily cupcakes and rainbows every day (surprise!). So, if conflict happens, its probably not just his fault (or even mostly his fault.)
* I'm his cheerleader, his confidant, and his one and only. that God lets me be apart of his story. I'm a lucky girl.
* not to complain. It doesn't work. It hurts the relationship, and it doesn't make either of us feel more loving towards one another.
*that 'emotional oneness' is the most rewarding thing to get to and the yet one of the hardest to move in. Being open, vulnerable and all that is scary even with someone you trust completely...but its required to be successful in marriage.
* That my marriage is not close to perfect. but it is great. and I have a husband who loves me, and I am a wife that respects him. We honor each other.
* To say 'yes'
* God's in control.
* that 'marriage' is the most fulfilling, most amazing, best example of a relationship with Christ that I can comprehend. I think its genius that God uses marriage as an analogy for him and us, and i think its special how much joy he's crafted into it.
*to be thankful.
One whole year of marriage down. Just imagine how much I'll learn NEXT YEAR!
Over and out.
As mentioned previously, Ben and I woke up at crack of dawn and headed to our favorite park to take some photos. If you've been a reader for some time, you'll know Ben and I every season go and take a sweet photoshoot. you can see our engagement shoot, library shoot, and our winter shoot by clicking on the respective links.
So, when one year came around, I asked Mr. Ben if he would be up for doing another shoot. He so willingly said yes.
Here's some of the photos:
We have even more to share! I'll be posting the rest tomorrow. So be sure to come back to see them. They're my favorite
Over and Out
So...when I was a kid, I remember the phenominon of thought bubbles popping up on all sorts of pictures across the nation. I remember lookng at pictures and thinking it was ridiculous for them to put those silly bubbles on their pictures...Especially since 10 years from now, what they thought was funny is going to be dorky....
Flash forward a few years and you find me doing this:
Do I hang my head in shame? No. I go out and find all those crazy moms and highfive them in honor of their awesomeness. I'm sorry for rolling my eyes. I was so naive. Ha, i bet half of you are still rolling your eyes. Soon, soon my child.
I got all these special beauties from here.
If you have photoshop, you may want to check her website out. She has a lot of sweet tutorials for the newbie, like myself.
And now onto other matters:
Dont recongize this shirt or these pants? thats cuz i kind of added them. I had a freebie for the pants (only picked 29 things), and that striped shirt I traded out for a jacket. Because I read in the 'official rules' that jackets are for keeping warm, unless you want to use them as an accessory. since i didn't i got to trade. And I traded it for this beauty.
These pictures were probably the funniest of them all. Not sure why but we couldn't stop laughing. Good times. its probably the freedom of vacation getting to us.
Well. Hope you all are enjoying the weather and dancing around taking pictures too.
If you are. Comment and leave a link to your fantastic pictures and we'll celebrate your awesomeness.
Over and out